2018 Spring Tree Sale & Fundraiser
Order Form & Information
PRESS HERE FOR PDF DOWNLOAD
Forestry Assistance Program Referral Service:
The FAP program provides referrals to natural resource professionals in our area. Services provided include management plan writing, timber sale administration, timber value appraisal, timber marking, wildlife habitat enhancement and many other services.
Private Lands Forestry Referral Service:
How it works:
1) Private landowners who contact the Iron Baraga Conservation District with forestry related questions or visit the website, will be given the option to receive a referral to a qualified resource professional for forestry services. The landowner will fill out a forestry referral form (number acres, forest type, what kind of forestry assistance they are interested in). This form is available in our office.
2) The Landowner submits the request to the Conservation District.
3) The District will then email the request directly to the consulting foresters who have expressed an interest in being on our referral list. We will also keep a listing of the referral requests on this tab.
4) Resource professionals will express their interest in a particular job to the Conservation District.
5) We will forward all responses to the landowner. The landowner has the ultimate decision to decide which resource professional to work with.
6) There will be follow-up with each landowner to be sure they have received the assistance they need.
Iron Baraga Conservation District FAP Forester Roger Jaworski. Picture taken just before he skillfully cut this tree down in the spirit of chainsaw master Soren Erikson. PPE was used:)
Non-industrial private forest landowners interested in actively managing their property for timber production should consider enrolling in the Qualified Forest Program. This program is designed to boost Michigan’s economy by providing an incentive for landowners to manage their timber. In order to qualify, a parcel must be at least 20 contiguous acres, of which 80% contains productive forests. If a parcel is more than 40 acres, only 50% must contain productive forests. If more than one parcel under the same ownership is enrolled, each one must qualify individually.
Please contact Roger Jaworski at 906-875-3765 for more information or visit www.michigan.gov/qfp.
Consulting forester - A consulting forester represents the best interests of the landowner who employs them and helps that landowners achieve their forest management goals. A professional forester who provides a wide range of forestry services to private landowners, industry, and governmental agencies for a fee. Services consulting foresters provide include timber sale marking, and administration, forest stand improvement and marking, management plan development, wildlife management, Christmas tree management, tree disease and insect control, tree planting, timber appraisal, investment analysis, demonstrations, and forest taxation advice. These individuals typically have a minimum of a B.S. degree in a forestry curriculum from an approved college; a minimum of 5 years of experience in practical forestry administration, management, or other special forestry classification.
Hiring A Consulting Forester: hiring_a_consulting_forester_msu_ext.pdf
For more information fill out the form below and your information will be sent directly to our forester.
A little bit about Roger: Written by Roger
I am from Albuquerque, New Mexico. I earned my B.S. in Forest Management from the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point. My goal as FAP Forester is to provide excellent forestry assistance to private landowners in both Iron and Baraga counties. The best part of my day is being able to conduct a site visit with a landowner and to help them get started on the management of their forest land for their families. It's even better if this is during the lunch hour because people in the UP can really cook ;) The UP is a terrific place to live and I am blessed to be able to see so much of Gods creation while helping landowners make stewardship decisions for their properties. Psalm 19.
Here is my contact information if you would like to schedule a site visit.
FAP District Forester
Iron Baraga Conservation District
2 South Sixth Street Suite-15
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
Office: (906) 875-3765
Cell: (906) 235-5831
The Forestry Assistance Program (FAP) is designed to provide an initial professional contact with landowners who are interested in actively managing their forested property. The FAP forester can then help citizens better understand, plan, manage, protect and utilize their forest resources through various avenues of information, education and outreach. All of our services are at no cost to the landowner and provide an excellent initial contact between professionals and landowners. We aim to promote forest resource stewardship on private lands in local communities by introducing landowners to forest management and setting them up to achieve their management goals.
Our District Forester, offers the following services in Iron and Baraga counties: